I. Mudd Necklace on eBay



An original necklace from the TOS episode "I, Mudd" has come up for sale on eBay.  These have popped up from time to time and the provenance on this one seems accurate.  I am pretty sure the model maker it came from is Greg Jein.  He has the biggest TOS collection anywhere.



From the eBay Ad:



OK Star Trek Friends, I put this up before and got an avalanche of emails- How did I know this is real, how can I prove it, could they come to my house to see it (not happening), literally global emails. With the additional photos I hope I address any previous questions.
Its history: I am selling this for a friend I worked with at Viacom for Paramount. We developed licensed merchandise for Star Trek, the original series. I was the creative director, she the brand director (business side). As brand director for Star Trek Paramount Pictures Viacom store, was responsible for sourcing items for the store. She worked with a famous Star Trek model maker to create the Star Trek: Original Series and Star Trek: The Next Generation, ships on display. This model maker gave her the necklace as a gift.
The model maker has asked that their name not be mentioned in this auction, and I am honoring that promise. Please do not ask me via email. It was verified authentic to the show, that two of the #118 were made, one lit up, the other did not. The light up one had wires that ran along the chains. If they were not going to light up in a camera shot, they used the one without the wires. This is the one that is for sale.
The suitcase is constructed of wood, lucite and velvet lined. The closure and hinges are metal and I think are brass. Closed the box is 3 3/8" wide by 2 5/8" tall by 1 1/4" deep. The necklace pendant is 2 1/2" wide by 1 1/2" high by 1/2" deep. Total length of necklace is 20" long. It is constructed of plastic, hollow center and hand stenciled. The chain is light weight metal.

Guaranteed authentic, my reputation as an art director with the entertainment industry and feedback on Ebay mean a lot to me. People have asked for a letter of verification, this is the best I can do. It will come with the original box it was shipped in, from 1998. 


I think this is a great piece and worth $ 2-3,000.  If I didn't have a house to buy this week I would be all over it!
Alec

Comments